WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Governor Daniels Office Evacuated During Fire

Last updated on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

(STATEHOUSE) - There were some anxious moments at the statehouse Tuesday caused by an underground electrical fire just below the office windows of Governor Mitch Daniels.

About 15 people evacuated.

The governor wasn't there but a witness says staff members headed for the door.

Some who were seated near the window said they could feel the heat.

Indianapolis Firefighters got the fire out within minutes.

State Police First Sgt. Dave Bursten told reporters there are no injuries.

IPL Representatives will be looking to see what the cause was and doing the repairs they need to do.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page