News Sections
Governor Daniels Office Evacuated During Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 12:09 AM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(STATEHOUSE) - There were some anxious moments at the statehouse Tuesday caused by an underground electrical fire just below the office windows of Governor Mitch Daniels.

About 15 people evacuated.

The governor wasn't there but a witness says staff members headed for the door.

Some who were seated near the window said they could feel the heat.

Indianapolis Firefighters got the fire out within minutes.

State Police First Sgt. Dave Bursten told reporters there are no injuries.

IPL Representatives will be looking to see what the cause was and doing the repairs they need to do.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File