WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Officials Say Discarded Cigarette Caused Carmel Apartment Fire

Last updated on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

(CARMEL, IN) - Carmel fire officials say a discarded cigarette ignited a fire that damaged an apartment building early Monday morning.

The 2-alarm blaze prompted assistance from Westfield, with Fishers and Indianapolis protecting uncovered districts.

No injuries were reported, however ten units were affected and dozens of residents were displaced.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page