WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Frieworks Suspected Cause Of Muncie Blaze

Last updated on Monday, July 5, 2010

(MUNCIE, IN) - Fireworks are suspected as the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a rescue mission building in Muncie late Sunday afternoon.

51 residents in the two-story dormitory wing of the Muncie Mission were safely evacuated.

There were no injuries in the fire, although three Muncie fire fighters were treated for heat exhaustion.

A preliminary investigation showed the fire may have started on an outside wall near a gas meter where natural gas could have fed the flames.

The 80-year-old faith-based Muncie Mission moved into the new building in January 2009.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page