(MUNCIE, IN) - Fireworks are suspected as the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a rescue mission building in Muncie late Sunday afternoon.
51 residents in the two-story dormitory wing of the Muncie Mission were safely evacuated.
There were no injuries in the fire, although three Muncie fire fighters were treated for heat exhaustion.
A preliminary investigation showed the fire may have started on an outside wall near a gas meter where natural gas could have fed the flames.
The 80-year-old faith-based Muncie Mission moved into the new building in January 2009.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org