Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, January 12, 2010
(BLUFFTON, IN) - Authorities are investigating a fire that gutted a historic downtown Bluffton building.
The blaze at the century-old building at Johnson and Market Streets was reported about 11:00AM Sunday.
Between 60 and 70 firefighters helped battle the blaze.
Bluffton Fire Chief Bob Plummer says the fire was likely started by an electrical heater in a corner apartment on the second floor.
None of the tenants were hurt. Several firefighters suffered minor injuries related to hypothermia and exhaustion.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page