Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, October 8, 2009
(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) - With the accused triggerman in the Hamilton street killings set to go on trial Monday, the Marion County Prosecutor is faced with possible disciplinary action over his comments in the case.
In a news release shortly after the arrests, Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi said Desmond Turner and James Stewart "weren't going to let anyone or anything get in the way of what they believed to be an easy score."
Brizzi also said the case called for the death penalty.
He has since abandoned that quest.
The Indiana Supreme Court's Disciplinary Commission says those comments and others in a news conference last year dealing with a separate murder case went too far and could prejudice a case.
Brizzi declines comment except to say that he finds the timing of the charges "suspicious."
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page