WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Death Of Two Brothers Blamed On Faulty Exhaust Vent

Last updated on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

(LIGONIER) - Authorities say two brothers died Monday because of a carbon monoxide leak in their home.

The Noble County sheriff's office says they were sent to an Amish family's home after the boys, ages 12 and 14, were found unconscious.

Authorities say the boys' parents left to run errands, and asked the boys to use a gasoline-powered pump in the basement in order to fill a water tank for horses near a barn.

A faulty exhaust vent is being blamed in the deaths.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page