WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Carbon Monoxide Claims Elkhart Boy

Last updated on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

(ELKHART) - Carbon monoxide claimed the life of an 11-year-old Elkhart boy over the weekend.

Misael Adame was found unconscious in his basement bedroom at home.

The boy's parents and a 6-year-old girl were taken to the hospital with elevated carbon monoxide levels in their systems. They were treated and released.

Some sources of carbon monoxide include poorly ventilated wood burning stoves or space heaters, automobile exhaust, furnaces and gas appliances that are not working properly.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page