News Sections
Carbon Monoxide Claims Elkhart Boy
Updated May 5, 2013 12:06 AM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(ELKHART) - Carbon monoxide claimed the life of an 11-year-old Elkhart boy over the weekend.

Misael Adame was found unconscious in his basement bedroom at home.

The boy's parents and a 6-year-old girl were taken to the hospital with elevated carbon monoxide levels in their systems. They were treated and released.

Some sources of carbon monoxide include poorly ventilated wood burning stoves or space heaters, automobile exhaust, furnaces and gas appliances that are not working properly.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File