(SOUTH BEND) - A fire Saturday night in South Bend kept crews at a distance because small explosions, believed to be fireworks, kept exploding inside the home.
But when firefighters finally were able to work inside, they discovered the fire had claimed the life of the resident who was lying on the floor and wasn't too far from getting out.
Authorities did not identify the victim, but a neighbor said the man, believed to be in his late 40s, enjoyed fireworks throughout the year.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org