(PLAINFIELD) - Guests at a Plainfield Days Inn had a scare - hazmat and emergency crews arrived on the scene Tuesday morning on reports of a chemical spill.
A 69-year-old woman was taken to the hospital after crews found several different chemicals in her room, including boric acid and pesticides. Investigators say those chemicals are used to make meth. She has been living at that hotel for the last four months.
Brian Carpenter was staying at the Days Inn and says he was just about to take a shower when police knocked on the door and told him to evacuate. The guests and staff at the hotel were moved to neighboring hotels and restaurants.
No word yet on charges against the woman.
The area near State Road 267 and Hadley Road was partially blocked for hazmat crews and police.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com