News Sections
Hazmat Crews Report To Chemical Spill At Hotel
Updated May 5, 2013 12:05 AM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(PLAINFIELD) - Guests at a Plainfield Days Inn had a scare - hazmat and emergency crews arrived on the scene Tuesday morning on reports of a chemical spill.

A 69-year-old woman was taken to the hospital after crews found several different chemicals in her room, including boric acid and pesticides. Investigators say those chemicals are used to make meth. She has been living at that hotel for the last four months.

Brian Carpenter was staying at the Days Inn and says he was just about to take a shower when police knocked on the door and told him to evacuate. The guests and staff at the hotel were moved to neighboring hotels and restaurants.

No word yet on charges against the woman.

The area near State Road 267 and Hadley Road was partially blocked for hazmat crews and police.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File