WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Students Evacuated During Dorm Fire On ISU Campus

Last updated on Monday, January 28, 2008

(TERRE HAUTE) - A residence hall on the Indiana State University campus caught fire Sunday night.

It was reported on the 11th floor of Blumberg Hall. The 12-story structure houses approximately 420 freshman students.

A candle left unattended in a room is being blamed for the blaze.

All students were evacuated. A student resident assistant suffered smoke inhalation while trying to extinguish the fire.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page