Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, January 28, 2008
(TERRE HAUTE) - About 80 students at Indiana State will be moved to new dorms after a fire damaged two floors of an IUS dorm.
A resident assistant in Blumberg Hall was treated for smoke inhalation after the fire broke out Sunday night.
ISU says five floors of the 12-story dorm were damaged. Students on the eighth, ninth and 12th floors were evacuated but will return to their rooms Wednesday. The 10th and 11th floors will be closed for the remainder of the semester to repair damage to the carpeting and walls.
Initial reports blamed an unattended candle for the fire. ISU Spokeswoman Teresa Exline says open flames are not allowed in dorm rooms, but says the cause of the fire has not been confirmed.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page