WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Indiana State University Blaze Deemed Accidental

Last updated on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

(TERRE HAUTE) - The fire at a residence hall at Indiana State University in Terre Haute has been ruled accidental.

Officials say a burning candle left unattended is the apparent cause of the Sunday night blaze. It appears the candle was near a blanket that ignited, causing other bedding to catch on fire.

University housing policy prohibits lit candles in residence-hall rooms. The University has been able to relocate all the students affected by the fire.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page