News Sections
Audio
Indiana State University Blaze Deemed Accidental
Updated May 5, 2013 12:05 AM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(TERRE HAUTE) - The fire at a residence hall at Indiana State University in Terre Haute has been ruled accidental.

Officials say a burning candle left unattended is the apparent cause of the Sunday night blaze. It appears the candle was near a blanket that ignited, causing other bedding to catch on fire.

University housing policy prohibits lit candles in residence-hall rooms. The University has been able to relocate all the students affected by the fire.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback