WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Some Disabled Vets May Be Due Tax Refunds

Last updated on Thursday, December 13, 2007

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - For disabled veterans, rarely does a day come bearing good news. However, Congressman Baron Hill wants to deliver some by informing disabled vets that certain payments they have been receiving from the VA are now tax free.

Hill says the IRS has announced Compensated Work Therapy program payments are no longer taxable, and some vets may be due a refund.

Veterans who have received CWT payments between 2004 and 2006 can claim a refund by filing an amended Form 1040X.

And, of course, with tax forms being as they are, there will surly be questions and confusion, so if you need help in the process, either visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov or call Hill's Bloomington office at (812) 336-3000.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page