Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, October 16, 2007
(WEST LAFAYETTE) - Purdue says 12 cows on a New Washington farm died of from eating too much soybean feed. The farm had switched feeds because of dry conditions.
The university says the cows died of a condition called grain overload, in which the stomach generates too much acid which damages the stomach lining and gets into the bloodstream.
The director of Purdue's animal disease diagnostic lab had previously declined to specify what killed the cows, other than to say it was nothing contagious.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page