News Sections
Audio
No Coverup In Nightclub Incident, Note State Police
Updated May 5, 2013 12:04 AM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(INDIANAPOLIS) - Indiana State Police say there is no cover up into the investigation of three troopers accused of grabbing and shoving two women last week at a nightclub in Downtown Indianapolis.

State Police Spokesman Dave Bursten says the names of the officers accused have been given to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department for its investigation. He says the names will be publicly released if the officers are formally charged.

Bursten says IMPD is expected to complete its investigation within the next week. The case then goes to Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi, who will review it and decide whether or not to file charges.

The incident reportedly occurred last week at Tiki Bob's Cantina. The accusers tell police badges were flashed during the confrontation and that the officers were seen leaving the bar in a marked police car.

In addition to the IMPD investigation, an internal state police investigation is being conducted. If the allegations are proven, the officers could be suspended or fired.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback