Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, June 14, 2007
(VINCENNES) - The Vincennes Fire Department says a business owner accidentally ignited a fire and explosion that launched debris more than 300 feet.
Vic Klein started the fire with a cutting torch he was using to remove metal bars from windows at his business.
Klein told investigators he set the torch down and walked around to the side of the building to clear some brush.
Klein later found the front of the building, which contained oxygen tanks, engulfed in flames.
Those tanks fueled an explosion that sent debris hurtling from the building.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page