(VINCENNES) - The Vincennes Fire Department says a business owner accidentally ignited a fire and explosion that launched debris more than 300 feet.
Vic Klein started the fire with a cutting torch he was using to remove metal bars from windows at his business.
Klein told investigators he set the torch down and walked around to the side of the building to clear some brush.
Klein later found the front of the building, which contained oxygen tanks, engulfed in flames.
Those tanks fueled an explosion that sent debris hurtling from the building.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org