Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, May 28, 2007
(INDIANAPOLIS) - There will be no challenges to Marion County’s problem-plagued election.
Clerk Beth White says no one asked for a recount or contest of the primary by Friday's deadline, despite dozens of precincts which opened late or not at all, and three council races decided by fewer than ten votes.
That means the results certified last week are now final.
White says she expects to finish a review of how the primary went so wrong within the next couple of weeks, but says she's finding no surprises.
She says some of the apathy among voters spread to pollworkers -- White says no one set out to sabotage the election, but some pollworkers may not have taken the responsibility seriously.
White also says her office didn't communicate well enough with pollworkers about where they were supposed to be, and compounded that by moving some around at the last minute.
She's previously acknowledged a failure to keep close track of who was assigned to be where.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page