Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, April 3, 2007
(EVANSVILLE) - A number of pet owners in southern Indiana now say their furry friends have been killed by poisoned pet food.
At least eight people say they've had to have pets euthanized after they ate chow produced by Menu Foods.
Ninety-five different brands of dog and cat food were recalled in mid-March after the distributor discovered in them a chemical which can cause animal kidneys to fail.
The kidney disease is curable if caught early, but pet owners in far southern Indiana say they didn't make the connection between odd behavior in their animals and the tainted food until it was too late.
A list of affected foods may be found at www.menufoods.com/recall.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page