(EVANSVILLE) - A number of pet owners in southern Indiana now say their furry friends have been killed by poisoned pet food.
At least eight people say they've had to have pets euthanized after they ate chow produced by Menu Foods.
Ninety-five different brands of dog and cat food were recalled in mid-March after the distributor discovered in them a chemical which can cause animal kidneys to fail.
The kidney disease is curable if caught early, but pet owners in far southern Indiana say they didn't make the connection between odd behavior in their animals and the tainted food until it was too late.
A list of affected foods may be found at www.menufoods.com/recall.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org