(WEST LAFAYETTE) - Purdue might have some answers to questions surrounding the death of a freshman in a few weeks.
University President Martin Jischke says that is when a report based on a review of the circumstances surrounding the death is expected.
Wade Steffey was electrocuted after somehow getting into a high voltage area of a residence hall. It is believed the aviation technology major from Bloomington went through a door that is usually locked.
Jischke calls Steffey's death a difficult and heartbreaking situation. But he points out it was accidental and should not be taken as an indication the West Lafayette campus is not safe.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org