WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Woman Dies For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Last updated on Monday, March 26, 2007

(HOBART) - Police say a woman who lived in a group home for the developmentally disabled is dead from carbon monoxide poisoning.

55-year-old Toby Sandilla was pronounced dead inside the home Saturday in Hobart. The odorless gas also sickened the home's four other residents.

Officers found all five of the residents either asleep or unconscious because of extremely high levels of carbon monoxide.

The nonprofit group that operates the home says it was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector. An investigation will reportedly determine whether it was working properly.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page