News Sections
Woman Dies For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Updated May 5, 2013 12:03 AM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HOBART) - Police say a woman who lived in a group home for the developmentally disabled is dead from carbon monoxide poisoning.

55-year-old Toby Sandilla was pronounced dead inside the home Saturday in Hobart. The odorless gas also sickened the home's four other residents.

Officers found all five of the residents either asleep or unconscious because of extremely high levels of carbon monoxide.

The nonprofit group that operates the home says it was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector. An investigation will reportedly determine whether it was working properly.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File