(UNDATED) - State health officials now confirm 15 cases of salmonella poisoning in Indiana linked to peanut butter.
They advise Hoosiers not to eat any Peter Pan peanut butter purchased since may 2006 or great value peanut butter in jars with a product code beginning with 2111 that were purchased since may of last year.
The Food and Drug Administration has also issued another warning for three other peanut butter toppings. Indiana State Department of Health spokesperson Lynae Granzow says symptoms of salmonella can begin within 6 to 72 hours of eating the peanut butter. They include vomiting, diarrhea, fever, cramps, nausea, and gas.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org