News Sections
Audio
Fire damages restaurant
Updated May 5, 2013 12:03 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

MUNCIE--A Muncie landmark was damaged by fire Monday morning.

Flames erupted at Burkie's Drive-In near the Ball State Campus as two workers prepared to open the throwback restaurant for the day.

The two employees had turned on all the equipment and gone to the basement to get ready for business. When they came back upstairs the building was quickly filling with smoke and flames were coming from some deep-frying equipment.

They were able to escape and call 911.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback