Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, May 6, 2011
(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) - Four-time Indianapolis 500 winner AJ Foyt could be the pace car driver for the 100th-anniversary race on May 29th.
Real estate mogul and reality television star Donald Trump, who accepted an invitation to drive the pace car last month, has backed out.
Trump told speedway officials his continued participation could conflict with his possible presidential campaign.
The selection of Trump caused controversy, including a Facebook page asking the speedway to "Dump Trump" from his pace car duties.
The speedway has not selected a replacement to drive the Chevrolet Camaro pace car on race day, but IMS Director of Public Relations Doug Boles says Foyt will get a shot.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page