Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, May 28, 2009
(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) - Tony George says he is still in charge at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, denying an internet report that he had been removed as chief executive officer.
George met with a group of reporters at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Wednesday and later issued a statement refuting a report on Speed-TV's website saying he had been removed as CEO during a board meeting Tuesday night.
"I am still CEO and President of Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corporation, Hulman and Company and CEO of the Indy Racing League," George told the reporters.
In the statement released Wednesday afternoon, both George and his mother, Mari Hulman George, described Tuesday's board meeting as "typical".
Mari Hulman George, who is the chairman of the board, told the Indianapolis Star that no changes have been made and that Tuesday's board meeting consisted of discussions about how to make things better.
To that end, Tony George says he has been asked to come up with a plan that would allow him to focus more on the Indy Racing League, because the board feels that is the entity that has the largest potential for growth and requires the greatest attention.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page