News Sections
Audio
Colts Clean Out Lockers Following Playoff Loss
Updated May 4, 2013 11:57 PM | Filed under: Network Indiana
 Print    Archive    RSS

(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) - The Indianapolis Colts spent Sunday cleaning out their lockers following Saturday night's 23-17 overtime loss to the Chargers in San Diego in an AFC wild card playoff game.

Now that the offseason is here, much of the conjecture around the team surrounds the futures of Head Coach Tony Dungy and wide receiver Marvin Harrison.

Dungy said after Saturday night's loss that he will take a week to contemplate his future - something he has done after each of the previous four seasons. Dungy has said that when he does retire, he probably won't come back and that the one-week "cooling-off" period helps take some of the emotion out of his decision.

Harrison rebounded a little bit from his injury-plagued 2007 season, but his 636 receiving yards this season was second only to last year for the fewest in his career. He still has three years remaining on his contract and will count $13.4 million dollars against the salary cap in 2009.

Harrison passed Chris Carter for second place on the all-time receptions list in the Colts' regular-season finale against Tennessee. He ranks fourth all-time in receiving yards and fifth in touchdowns.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback