News Sections
Audio
Dr. Bill McDonald Dies From Injuries After Outdoor Furnace Explodes
Updated January 29, 2018 5:16 PM
 Print    Archive    RSS
dr. mcdoweel.jpg

(HARDINSBURG) - Dr. Bill McDonald, an Orange County veterinarian and Paoli School Board member, died early today at a Louisville hospital.

Emergency responders were dispatched to McDonald's property in Rego at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, after a report that McDonald was injured when an outdoor furnace exploded. He was airlifted to a Louisville hospital for treatment.

Susan Umpleby, Dr. McDonald's sister, posted on Facebook that he passed away shortly after midnight this morning surrounded by his family and friends who were praying and singing hymns and sharing stories.

His wife Lindsay and their three children Jacob, Madelyn and Joseph, "have shown remarkable strength through this," Umpleby posted.

"We cannot begin to understand how or why something like this could happen. Only God knows how all the pieces are supposed to fit together. He puts those pieces together and reveals the final picture to us in His time. We just have to pray for peace and accept God's perfect will. Bill was a Christian and we take great comfort in knowing he walked with God in life, and has now joined Jesus."

Susan says her brother was "so full of life, so quick to laugh, always made everything fun, and one of the most generous people you will ever meet."



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback