News Sections
Audio
Woolery Mill Being Renovated Into Banquet And Event Space
Updated December 20, 2017 4:48 PM | Filed under: Business
 Print    Archive    RSS
Woolery-Stone-Mill-Bloomington-Indiana.jpg

(BLOOMINGTON) - The Woolery Mill, in Bloomington, is being renovated into a banquet and event space.

Indiana Public Media reports, One World Enterprises Owner Jeff Mease is spearheading the effort to turn the former mill into a multi-use space, which has sat vacant for years, into a 28-thousand square foot event space.

Mease says construction is about half way complete and will seat up to 500 people. It will also feature a large outside patio.

The Woolery Stone Company was a stone mill and quarry on the south side of Bloomington. Originally named A. J. Woolery & Sons, the company was created by Henry Woolery in 1913 and remained in family hands until 1996.

The quarry operated two stone mills, simply known as the "Old Woolery Mill" and "New Woolery Mill". The old mill was built in 1913 and ceased operations in the 1950's. It may still be visible just south of Dillman Road and west of the Monon Railroad line. The new mill was built in 1930. It is located northeast of the Tapp Road / Weimer Road intersection.

Jack Rogers was president of the company from 1975 until his death in 1994. He was married to the former Marie Woolery.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File