WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

French Lick Man Dies From Injuries In Huntingburg Explosion

Last updated on Thursday, December 7, 2017

(IUNDATED) - A French Lick man burned during a chemical explosion at a Huntingburg business has died.

54-year-old John Deel of French Lick passed away at an Indianapolis hospital on Tuesday.

The explosion happened November 27th at Styline Services Center on West 6th Street.

Huntingburg Fire Department spokesperson John Smith says Deel was cleaning in a service pit when fumes from a solvent-based cleaner he was using ignited fumes that had built up.

He said after the explosion occurred Deel exited the service pit with his clothes a blaze and a fellow employee used an extinguisher to put out the flash fire out before others offered first aid.

He was taken by ambulance from the scene to Memorial Hospital in Jasper and was eventually transferred to an Indianapolis medical facility for further treatment.

No other injuries were reported in the accident and no apparent damage was sustained to the Styline facility.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page