News Sections
Audio
Fire Damages Linton Home
Updated December 5, 2017 7:15 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - A fire caused substantial damage to a home on Marshall Avenue in Linton on Sunday morning.

The Linton Fire Department was called to the home at 9:33 a.m.

According to Fire Chief Brad Sparks the fire was caused after the homeowner converted a gas fireplace insert into a wood-burning stove. Chief Sparks says the unit was not built to handle the type of heat output from wood.

After the fire started the resident attempted to extinguish the fire, with a water hose, but the fire spread and went into the attic.

Firefighters were on the scene until around 1 p.m.

No one was injured in or while battling the blaze.

The owner of the home is staying with relatives.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback