News Sections
Fire Destroys Mobile Home
Updated September 22, 2017 6:01 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
fire spring.jpg

(SPRINGVILLE) - A fire destroyed a mobile home on Wednesday night.

Perry Township Volunteer Fire Department firefighters were called to the home of Chad and Traci Axsom at 298 Preston Lane at 5:57 p.m.

"When we arrived there was smoke showing," says Capt. Brian Brian Enochs. "By the time we got the hoses pulled off the trucks the fire was shooting out the roof."

The family was outside and safe when firefighters arrived.

Traci Axsom posted on Facebook that the family was cooking when a grease fire started.

"We were able to save a pair of shoes for everyone and the Red Cross has helped us with a bit of temporary help for the few new outfits," she posted on Facebook. "We appreciate everyone's prayers."

It took firefighters from Perry, Oolitic, Indian Creek and Marshall more than three hours to completely extinguish the blaze.

"There was heavy damage to the home," Enochs says. "Due to the nature of the fire and it being a mobile home it didn't take long for the fire to spread and cause lots of damage. There was also lots of smoke and water damage. We appreciate all the mutual aid that was provided."

One firefighter was overcome by heat and smoke and was treated on the scene by IU Health Hospital emergency personnel.

Also assisting at the scene was TOPES and Duke Energy.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File