News Sections
Audio
Overheated Electrical Strip Starts Fire In Basement
Updated August 9, 2017 7:10 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(CUZCO) - An electrical strip overheating in the basement started a fire at the home of Dorothy Hinkle on Tuesday morning.

Dubois Volunteer Fire Department were called to the home at 6944 North Cuzco Road at 4:17 a.m. When the arrived they arrived the fire had been put out.

Hinkle and her family woke to the sound of smoke alarms sounding. They found a power strip with clothing stacked around it was burning in the basement.

Family members used a couple of buckets of water to extinguish the blaze. There was only damage to the power strip and a few articles of clothing.

Firefighters used exhaust vans to ventilate the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback