News Sections
Lawrence County Applying For Grant To Repair Owner Occupied Homes
Updated May 9, 2017 7:00 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The Lawrence County Board of Commissioners will be applying to the Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority for funds to repair owner occupied houses in the unincorporated limits of the county.

The grant, if awarded, will provide rehabilitation on houses owned by low- and moderate-income individuals. Residents in Bedford, Mitchell and Oolitic are not eligible for this project.

The county is targeting disabled and elderly households plus those with children younger than 6. The county will accept applications from any eligible resident within the unincorporated areas of the county. However, you must own the house and be living within it. Contract sales and single-wide trailers are not eligible.

The property cannot be located in a 100-year floodplain. The house must be covered by homeowner's insurance and property taxes must be current.

Applications to qualify for assistance will be taken on May 15, from 1-7 p.m., and May 23, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the courthouse chambers.

Applicants must provide a copy of the recorded deed, proof of property insurance, 2016 state and federal tax returns (if applicable), and a 2017 statement from Social Security.

For more information, contact the Southern Indiana Development Commission at (812) 295-3707.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File