News Sections
Audio
Marion VFD Extinguish Flue Fire On Suddath Lane
Updated March 2, 2017 11:56 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - The Marion Volunteer Fire Department was called to a flue fire at 7000 Suddath Lane Wednesday night.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze just before 7 p.m. by Shon Belcher.

According to Marion VFD Fire Chief Paul Gillespie, seven firefighters with Marion Engine 52 and Tanker 53 responded to the scene.

"Upon arrival they found a typical flue fire," says Chief Gillespie. "Creosote had built up on the inside of the chimney."

The residents staying in the home were using the wood stove for heat due to the lack of electrical power in the area after violent storms hit the area Wednesday morning.

"The dampers were closed and crews extinguished the fire and cleaned out the stove," Chief Gillespie added. "They did advise the homeowner to have his chimney cleaned out and inspected. There was little to no damage to the residence from the fire."



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback