(UNDATED) - INDOT contractors will be closing seven different bridges on the highway in Brown, Jackson and Morgan counties this construction season for various work and at different times.
The work will cost about $3.3 million dollars and will be spread out over three contractors.
According to the agency, the work will include:
- State Road 135 over Little Bean Blossom Creek - 1.7 miles north of State Road 45 in Brown County, will require closing the roadway for up to 75 days. The contract calls for rehabilitation of a double-arch structure including new railings, spandrel walls and bridge deck.
- State Road 135 over Moser Branch - 1.57 miles north of State Road 45 in Brown County near Railroad Road requires closing State Road 135 for up to 60 days. The contract calls for new bridge rails, spandrel walls and bridge deck at the 36-foot single-span arch bridge.
- State Road 135 over Bear Creek - 1.26 miles south of State Road 252 in Morgan County -- requires closing State Road 135 for up to 45 days. The 60-foot single-span concrete arch bridge will be rehabilitated with new rails, spandrel walls and deck.
- State Road 135 over a branch of Bear Creek - south of Morgantown at Farm Road in Morgan County -- will require closing the roadway for up to 30 days while crews remove the existing drainage structure and install a new 4-sided concrete box culvert. To maintain residential access, Farm Road's junction with State Road 135 will be relocated just south of the culvert site.
- State Road 135 over a branch of Hamilton Creek - 7.6 miles north of State Road east of Christianburg Road - will require closing State Road 135 for up to 30 days. A new arch culvert with 142-inch by 91-inch pipe measuring 40 feet in width will replace the existing structure. Work is scheduled to begin in early April.
- State Road 135 over a branch of the south fork of Salt Creek in Jackson County - 5.2 miles north of U.S. 50, south of State Road 500N near Freetown - will require closing the roadway for up to 30 days. A 10-foot by 5-foot concrete box culvert measuring 47 feet in width will be put in place. Work is expected to begin in mid-May.
- State Road 135 over Hamilton Creek- 9.45 miles north of State Road 58 in Brown County - requires closing State Road 135 for up to 60 days. After repairs, the 3-span 92-foot-long bridge will receive a new deck overlay. A detour will route traffic via State Road 46, Interstate 65 and State Road 58.
- In addition to the bridge on State Road 135, replacement of a single-span 62-foot-long steel I-beam bridge on State Road 58 over a branch of Bee Creek - 3 miles west of State Road 135 in Jackson County -is included in the contract. This will require closing State Road 58 for up to 150 days. A state highway detour will route traffic via State Road 446, U.S. Highway 50 and State Road 135
The exact timing of the closings has not yet been announced.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com