News Sections
Audio
Seymour Man Dies In House Fire
Updated February 13, 2017 12:18 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SEYMOUR) - A Seymour man died Friday night from smoke inhalation after a fire smoldered in his home for hours.

According to Seymour Fire Chief Brad Lucas, 68-year-old Patrick Warinner Jr. was found unresponsive in his home at 111 E. Harrison Drive by a family member who went to check on him and discovered the house on fire.

"The fire was electrical in nature and likely started in or beneath a wall," Chief Lucas says. "It had smoldered for several hours, there were not a lot of flames because the house was all shut up causing a lack of oxygen to fuel the fire."

Firefighters arrived around 6:45 p.m. were able to extinguish the fire within minutes.

There was no smoke detector in the house and Warinner lived alone.

"I can't stress the importance of smoke detectors," Chief Lucas added. "This is a tragic death."

Jackson County Coroner Micheal Bobb pronounced Warinner dead at the scene .

Assisting at the scene were Seymour Police officers, Jackson County Emergency Medical Services and the Indiana State Fire Marshal.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File