(BEDFORD) - Join Indiana Department of Natural Resources Urban Forestry Coordinator Carrie Tauscher at Bedford's Wilson Park Shelter House on Monday, March 6 for a workshop on tree trimming and pruning.
The event is sponsored by the Bedford City Tree Board.
The indoor workshop will be from 6 to 8 pm and is free to attend.
Tauscher will discuss reasons to prune and trim trees and how they should properly be trimmed. She'll talk about the advantages of planting the right tree in the right place and to begin careful pruning early in the tree's life to ensure it stays healthy.
Don't Top Trees
- Topping stresses trees
- Leads to tree decay
- Disrupts the root to crown ratio and can starve a tree
- Shock/Sunburn - removes the shade from the trunk resulting in poor health or death,
- Insects and disease invade the open wounds from the trimming
- Weak limbs result and rapid new growth that is usually unstable and ugly
- Increased cost - proper trimming is always preferable to tree topping
For more information on the workshop call Teena Ligman at (812) 276-4757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com