News Sections
Audio
Fire Destroys Mobile Home On Cauble Road
Updated January 16, 2017 7:35 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HURON) - A mobile home was destroyed on Cauble Road after a fire sparked while the resident was cooking breakfast Friday morning.

Lawrence County Police dispatch summoned an ambulance and Huron Volunteer Fire Department first responders at 5:45 a.m. to the home at 863 Cauble Road for a medical emergency.

When Huron Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bill Kinser arrived he found the mobile home was engulfed in flames.

Marion VFD was summoned to help. They responded with 1 engine and 4 firefighters.

Marion VFD Chief Paul Gillespie says, operations were slightly hampered due to a small wooden bridge to get to the residence.

The resident was out of the home when firefighters arrived.

Chief Kinser says the fire started in the kitchen area while the man was cooking sausage. The man went to the bathroom and left the food on the stove, igniting the fire.

The fire remains under investigation.

The home is owned by Tracey Osborn was destroyed during the incident.

An AMR ambulance also responded to the scene.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File