WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Bedford Fire Department Extinguishes Fire Found In Rafters

Last updated on Monday, December 5, 2016

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters with the Bedford Fire Department extinguished a fire in the rafters of a home at 620 W Street Friday afternoon.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 12:18 p.m.

A ceiling fan fell in a bedroom, which landed on a woman's foot. She did not require medical attention.

Firefighters went into the attic, where they discovered flames in the ceiling rafters. They extinguished it using salvage covers and fuel-load removal techniques.

Firefighters were on the scene until about 1:30 p.m.

There was no other damage to the home.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page