News Sections
Audio
Bedford Fire Department Extinguishes Fire Found In Rafters
Updated December 3, 2016 10:27 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters with the Bedford Fire Department extinguished a fire in the rafters of a home at 620 W Street Friday afternoon.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 12:18 p.m.

A ceiling fan fell in a bedroom, which landed on a woman's foot. She did not require medical attention.

Firefighters went into the attic, where they discovered flames in the ceiling rafters. They extinguished it using salvage covers and fuel-load removal techniques.

Firefighters were on the scene until about 1:30 p.m.

There was no other damage to the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File