News Sections
Bedford Man Arrested After Sexually Assaulting Female At CVS Pharmacy
Updated October 24, 2016 3:19 PM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - A Bedford man was arrested after he allegedly attempted to sexually touch a female employee at CVS Pharmacy early Sunday morning.

Bedford police arrested 27-year-old Gavin Yurisich of Bedford on two counts of resisting arrest, escaping lawful detention, and battery. Other charges could be pending.

According to Bedford Police Chief Dennis Parsley, officers were called to CVS Pharmacy at 2:14 a.m. on a report of a sexual assault.

According to employees at CVS, Yurisich entered the store and began sexually harassing a female employee that he didn't know.

"He was attempting to touch her and she asked him to stop," says Bedford Police Chief Dennis Parsley. "He then became more aggressive with the female employee, unzipping his pants."

Another male employee attempted to escort Yurisich from the business.

"He broke away and went after the female employee again," Chief Parsley added. "The employee was then able to escort him out of the building and police were called."

When officers arrived at the store they found Yurisich standing outside of the building. He matched the description of the suspect. He was placed in handcuffs, while other officers went inside to investigate the incident.

"While standing outside, Mr. Yurisich told police to just take him to jail," Chief Parsley says.

When the female employee came outside to identify Yurisich, he broke loose from the officer and took off running. Police followed on foot and captured him in the 1100 block of 17th Street.

Yurisich was then taken to the police station while police continued their investigation.

When officers arrived at the station with Yurisich he was placed in a back room. The officer left the room to check on someone being processed in another room and that is when Yurisich took off running down the hall and out the front door.

"Officers followed and determined he had fled into a building in the 1100 block of 17th Street," Chief Parsley says. "While officers were searching the building Mr. Yurisich barged out of a closed door and charged one of the officers, knocking them to the ground."

Yurisich was then restrained and taken to IU Health Hospital for medical clearance and then transported to jail.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File