News Sections
Audio
Woman Who Suffered Burns From Accidental Fire Dies
Updated September 26, 2016 7:07 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BLOOMINGTON) - A Bloomington woman who suffered burns to 75 percent of her body in an accidental fire caused by a cigarette earlier this month has died.

According to Bloomington Fire Department Sgt. Brandon Hudson 38-year-old Sara Beth Fetter, died Wednesday at Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis. She had been hospitalized since September 4.

According to Hudson, Fetter had been sitting on a couch in the screened-in back patio of an eastside home she shared with her fiance, when she dropped her cigarette into a cushion, setting the couch and her clothing on fire. She had not fallen asleep while smoking.

Fetter had also been wearing bandages for bedsores and ulcers, indicating she had health and mobility issues, according a Bloomington police report.

Her fiance was inside the house when the fire started, and he called 911 once he realized Fetter was hurt and needed help. The fire had been extinguished by the time first responders arrived, and medics transported her to the hospital.

Hudson says he the fire was accidental in nature.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File