News Sections
Audio
Fire Damages 2nd Chance Closet
Updated August 17, 2016 7:27 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - Firefighters from both Mitchell and Marion Township Volunteer Fire Departments battled a blaze at The 2nd Chance Closet at 925 W. Main Street in Mitchell this morning.

When firefighters arrived around 8:30 a.m. smoke was billowing out of the building. No one was in the building, which was closed.

Mitchell Assistant Fire Chief Fred Cassidy says the cause of the fire was electrical in nature.

Mitchell VFD had two trucks and 8 men battling the blaze, assisted by Marion VFD who arrived with 3 trucks and 10 men.

The thrift store, owned by Gerald and Sharon Mosier, located in the former NAPA Auto Parts, sells clothing, furniture and other household goods.

"There was a lot of heavy smoke, but everything went smooth," says Cassidy. "At times it was cumbersome to get to the fire, but we got it out quickly and were able to save the building. There was not much to the building, however most of the contents was destroyed by fire, smoke and water."

Cassidy says it took firefighters around an hour to an hour and a half to put out the fire in the metal-sided building.

Cassidy thanked Marion for their cooperation and assistance in battling the blaze.

"We all worked together well and were able to contain and put the fire out quickly," he added.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback