News Sections
Audio
Bedford Fire Department Extinguishes House Fire On Heltonville Road
Updated July 7, 2016 6:33 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters with the Bedford Fire Department used minimal water to extinguish a fire at 320 Heltonville Road early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were called to the home, owned by Jeffrey Denny, at 3:03 a.m. after reports of smoke coming from under the eves.

When firefighters entered the home they found heavier smoke inside.

They discovered a microwave and toaster had caught fire in the kitchen area. Using minimal water, firefighters were able to put out the fire.

Firefighters then opened a wall and the ceiling in the kitchen area to make sure the fire had not spread - which it hadn't.

Firefighters then used fans to ventilate the home and contacted Duke Energy and Vectren to shut off the power and gas to the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File